Re: Testers wanted for new page view analysis tool

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Travis Newbury, Jan 11, 2009.

  1. On Jan 6, 5:36 pm, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:
    > Suggestions for a good name for the service are also welcome.

    How about FANGS Fucking asshole Newsgroup Spammer

    Travis Newbury, Jan 11, 2009

  2. Travis Newbury

    Jani Guest

    On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:19:25 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Jan 6, 5:36 pm, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:
    > >> Suggestions for a good name for the service are also welcome.

    > >How about FANGS Fucking asshole Newsgroup Spammer

    > I apologize if my post was inappropriate, but I did think that what
    > I'm doing might be of interest to some web designers here. Oh well.
    > Won't happen again.
    >
    > To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
    > after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
    > If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

    I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
    I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    will see what I can do.

    Jani, Jan 14, 2009

  3. Travis Newbury

    Tim Greer Guest

    Jani wrote:

    > On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:

    >> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
    >> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
    >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

    > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
    > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    > will see what I can do.

    There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
    Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
    of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
    fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
    handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
    overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
    hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.

    Tim Greer, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Travis Newbury

    Jani Guest

    On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    > Jani wrote:
    > > On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:

    > >> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
    > >> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
    > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

    > > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
    > > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    > > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    > > will see what I can do.

    > There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    > that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    > very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    > offer PHP.  They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
    > Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
    > of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
    > fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
    > handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
    > overselling host anyway).  Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
    > hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.
    > --
    > Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
    > Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
    > and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
    > Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

    "There's so much you have to go through.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."

    .... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
    a two big banners?

    Jani, Jan 15, 2009
  5. Travis Newbury

    Adrian Guest

    "Jani" <> wrote in message
    On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    > Jani wrote:
    > > On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:

    > >> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
    > >> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
    > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

    > > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
    > > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    > > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    > > will see what I can do.

    > There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    > that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    > very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    > offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
    > Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
    > of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
    > fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
    > handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
    > overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
    > hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.
    > --
    > Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
    > Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
    > and Custom Hosting. 24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
    > Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

    "There's so much you have to go through.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."

    .... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
    a two big banners?

    I use

    servergrid.com

    in the States. They are good and they are cheap.
    No need to scrounge around for a little space.

    Regards,
    Adrian.

    PS > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.
    Then send me your email address and I will send you a name suggestion.

    Adrian, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Travis Newbury

    Tim Greer Guest

    Jani wrote:

    > On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    >> Jani wrote:

    >> > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any
    >> > domain, I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    >> > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    >> > will see what I can do.

    >> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    >> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    >> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    >> offer PHP.  They always post ads or have some catch, but they can
    >> work. Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a
    >> couple of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted
    >> site (in fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be
    >> able to handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a
    >> mass overselling host anyway).  Again, if it's an issue, look at some
    >> free hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's
    >> free. --

    <please don't quote signatures>

    > "There's so much you have to go through.
    > Find a girl, settle down,
    > If you want you can marry.
    > Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
    >
    > ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
    > a two big banners?

    I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
    Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
    it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
    It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
    hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

    Tim Greer, Jan 15, 2009
  7. Travis Newbury

    Adrian Guest

    "Tim Greer" <> wrote in message
    > Jani wrote:

    >>> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    >>> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    >>> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    >>> offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can
    >>> work. Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a
    >>> couple of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted
    >>> site (in fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be
    >>> able to handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a
    >>> mass overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some
    >>> free hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's
    >>> free. --

    > <please don't quote signatures>
    >

    >> "There's so much you have to go through.
    >> Find a girl, settle down,
    >> If you want you can marry.
    >> Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
    >>
    >> ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
    >> a two big banners?

    > I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
    > Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
    > it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
    > It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
    > hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

    Are you saying that you go into the trouble of developing an advanced
    product and then no longer care about it, whilst at the same time you ask
    for participation in the form of name suggestions and testers [big enigma].

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Jan 15, 2009
  8. Travis Newbury

    Tim Greer Guest

    Adrian wrote:

    > "Tim Greer" <> wrote in message
    >> Jani wrote:

    >> <please don't quote signatures>
    >>

    >>> "There's so much you have to go through.
    >>> Find a girl, settle down,
    >>> If you want you can marry.
    >>> Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
    >>>
    >>> ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show
    >>> you a two big banners?

    >> I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
    >> Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
    >> it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
    >> It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
    >> hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

    > Are you saying that you go into the trouble of developing an advanced
    > product and then no longer care about it, whilst at the same time you
    > ask for participation in the form of name suggestions and testers [big
    > enigma].
    >
    > Adrian.

    I assume English isn't your first language? Who is suggesting someone
    develop "an advanced product" and then not care about it? Someone (not
    the developer) stated they'd be happy to test it (as a client, for the
    developer), but they'd need a web site to test it with. I suggested
    they could get an account on a free host if they want to deal with
    banners and slowness, etc., or for only a few dollars per month, they
    can select from a large number of hosting providers that have cheap
    plans and offer more space and bandwidth than they'd need (and they'd
    not have to deal with slowness, banner ads, etc. that you would on a
    free host). Beyond that, you've lost me.

    Tim Greer, Jan 16, 2009
  9. Travis Newbury

    Adrian Guest

    "Padmar Mushkin" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:57:19 +0100, "Adrian" <> wrote:
    >
    >>PS > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.
    >>Then send me your email address and I will send you a name suggestion.

    > Well, I see that your email address is just as real as mine. But in
    > the seemingly unlikely chance you really are serious, you can send a
    > private message to 'admin' at my forum: http://otterplus.com/mps/forum

    It is

    Adrian, Jan 16, 2009
  10. Travis Newbury

    Adrian Guest

    "Tim Greer" <> wrote in message

    >snippped

    > I assume English isn't your first language?

    Wrong. It is my "native language" (which was my first :)

    Adrian

    Adrian, Jan 16, 2009
  11. Travis Newbury

    Jani Guest

    On 15 Jan., 15:57, "Adrian" <> wrote:
    > "Jani" <> wrote in message

    > On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    >

    > > Jani wrote:

    > > > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
    > > > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
    > > > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
    > > > will see what I can do.

    > > There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
    > > that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
    > > very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
    > > offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
    > > Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
    > > of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
    > > fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
    > > handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
    > > overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
    > > hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.
    > > --
    > > Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
    > > Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
    > > and Custom Hosting. 24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
    > > Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

    > "There's so much you have to go through.
    > Find a girl, settle down,
    > If you want you can marry.
    > Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
    >
    > ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
    > a two big banners?
    >
    > I use
    >
    > servergrid.com
    >
    > in the States. They are good and they are cheap.
    > No need to scrounge around for a little space.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Adrian.
    >
    > PS > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.
    > Then send me your email address and I will send you a name suggestion.

    ?? Why you apologize to me? Or is it a quote?

    On servergrid.com I don't understand this passage:

    "Adult Content
    Due to the high system and network demands of adult-oriented sites or
    links, pornography and sex-related merchandising are prohibited."

    I have now one sexy pic on my page. Don't know if my provider like
    that or not.
    http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/

    But I don't pay 8.- $ a month for such a strict rule.
    Or does the top posting exclude sexy pics aswell?
    [Hey - what the hell is this - in one hour twenty visitors come across
    her ass!]

    Jani, Jan 16, 2009
  12. Travis Newbury

    Tim Greer Guest

    Adrian wrote:

    > "Tim Greer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>snippped

    >> I assume English isn't your first language?

    > Wrong. It is my "native language" (which was my first :)
    >
    > Adrian

    Yikes. :)

    Tim Greer, Jan 16, 2009