Re: Textarea question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Jul 29, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:29:36 -0400, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    >I have what should be a simple question. On a form with a textarea, how
    >do you make it so that the user can start a new paragraph? Hitting
    >Enter causes the page to submit. I have searched in Google, but all I
    >have found is how to put text in there pro programmatically so that
    >there are separate paragraphs. i know it can be done since I have seen
    >sites that have it.
    >
    >I am including the javascript newsgroup in case it requires js to work.

    Perhaps in the javascript you should set the focus to the enter key so
    it will create a new line rather than as a "submit" button and then
    only use the button for submitting.

    not sure how it's done in JS though.

    richard, Jul 29, 2009

  2. richard meinte:

    > Perhaps in the javascript you should set the focus to the enter key so
    > it will create a new line rather than as a "submit" button and then
    > only use the button for submitting.

    "Focus to the enter key"?

    > not sure how it's done in JS though.

    In other words: You are completely clueless, but you had your 15 seconds
    of fame.

    Gregor

    --
    http://www.gregorkofler.com