Re: The best approach to simplify/clean-up html code

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tim McDaniel, Mar 31, 2014.

  1. Tim McDaniel

    Tim McDaniel Guest

    In article <N_KZu.8299$>,
    * Tong * <> wrote:
    >I.e., I'm looking for a tool to simplify html mark up as much as
    >possible. If there isn't one already there, I don't mind role up my
    >sleeves and write one.

    > My initial temptation was to simply seek a solution such as
    >html to text. But then I realized html code may have links and other
    >ephemera that would be desireable to keep.
    >
    > What I want it to get rid of; all the stupid html things such
    >as inline font declarations etc.

    I've not looked at CPAN HTML parser modules. Perhaps you might use
    one, walk the tree, and either blacklist or whitelist elements and
    attributes?

    --
    Tim McDaniel,
    Tim McDaniel, Mar 31, 2014