Re: The Bible in html/css...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cwdjrxyz, Mar 20, 2011.

  1. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 19, 3:17 am, freedomfighter <> wrote:
    > It's there a way to create a typical Bible like 2 columns page -
    > template with text flowing from left column to the right one?
    >
    > I want to make a Bible in html and I can't find any good example or any
    > template.
    >
    > Better description in this link:
    >
    > http://www.princehtml.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3817&start=0

    After reading many responses to your post, I think we can conclude
    that the solution using html and css only is a bit complicated. I just
    read my online subscription version of the local newspaper which uses
    PDF. This is a rather small city newspaper, not such as the NY Times
    which has vast resources. There was the usual headline across the top
    of the page. Next came an article with 5 equal width columns. Next
    came a very large picture that extended about 2/3 across the page with
    a one column story to the right of the picture. Next came a 1 column
    story to the left with another, narrow ,1 column story in the center
    with a blue background, and then a third 1 column story to the right,
    and this was all on the front page. In short, using PDF for a simple 2
    column layout that you desire, would seem to be one of the more simple
    things that can be done using PDF. Since I do not have a need to
    write PDF pages at present, I will leave it to others who write PDF
    pages to fill in the practical details.
    cwdjrxyz, Mar 20, 2011