Re: The C Containers Library

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Nick Keighley, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. On Aug 2, 12:00 pm, James Kuyper <> wrote:
    > On 08/02/2012 03:48 AM, Nick Keighley wrote:
    > > On Aug 1, 10:00 pm, Phil Bradby <> wrote:

    > >> That doesn't sound particularly expensive. Unless you're a college
    > >> student or something, $2000 isn't going to break the bank. Just put iton
    > >> expenses.

    > > wow. who do you work for? the government?

    > If he worked for the government, he would have called $2000 pocket
    > change. :)
    >
    > A private business for which $2000 is a major expense that threatens
    > it's liquidity isn't doing very well; the owner should seriously
    > consider liquidating the company and try doing something else to earn a
    > living.

    companies I've worked for wouldn't consider $2000 a threat to
    liquidity,
    nevertheless it's not a sum they'd like to see squandered.

    I remember it taking three signatures some of them from quite senior
    people
    in the company to buy a Borland C compiler. Don't even think about
    hiring a
    car!
    Nick Keighley, Aug 2, 2012