Re: The following modules appear to be missing - py2exe

Discussion in 'Python' started by Noon Silk, Jul 19, 2011.

  1. Noon Silk

    Noon Silk Guest

    On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Peter Irbizon <> wrote:
    > Hello, please I have problem with "The following modules appear to be
    > missing" message during compiling my app exe file with py2exe. What should I
    > do with this? Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > The following modules appear to be missing
    >
    > [...]

    What does your setup.py look like? I was able to solve this my
    including the relevant libs in the following:

    setup(windows=[{'script': 'foo.py'}],
    options={
    'py2exe':
    {
    'includes': ['gzip', 'other libs here'],
    )

    Given from here: <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5308760/py2exe-lxml-woes>

    --
    Noon Silk | http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/ >

    Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

    of being this signature."

    Noon Silk, Jul 19, 2011

  2. Noon Silk

    miamia Guest

    On Jul 19, 1:13 pm, Noon Silk <> wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Peter Irbizon <> wrote:
    > > Hello, please I have problem with "The following modules appear to be
    > > missing" message during compiling my app exe file with py2exe. What should I
    > > do with this? Many thanks in advance.

    > > The following modules appear to be missing

    > > [...]

    > What does your setup.py look like? I was able to solve this my
    > including the relevant libs in the following:
    >
    > setup(windows=[{'script': 'foo.py'}],
    >     options={
    >         'py2exe':
    >         {
    >             'includes': ['gzip', 'other libs here'],
    >         }
    >     }
    > )
    >
    > Given from here: <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5308760/py2exe-lxml-woes>
    >
    > --
    > Noon Silk |http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/>
    >
    > Fancy a quantum lunch?http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en
    >
    > "Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — the joy
    > of being this signature."

    my setup.py looks like this:
    # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
    from distutils.core import setup
    import py2exe
    import sys

    class Target:
    def __init__(self, **kw):
    self.__dict__.update(kw)
    self.version = "0.9.0.002"
    target = Target(
    script = "app.py",
    icon_resources=[(1, 'ico.ico')],
    )

    setup(
    name = 'xx',
    author='abc',

    windows = [target],

    options = {
    'py2exe': {
    'packages':'encodings, kinterbasdb',
    'includes': 'cairo, pango, pangocairo, atk,
    gobject, gio',
    }
    },

    data_files=[],
    )

    there must be something missing. I will try to find it out what is it.

    miamia, Jul 19, 2011