Re: The pty module, reading from a pty, and Python 2/3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Evan Driscoll, Oct 24, 2012.

  1. OK, one more self-reply. :)

    I found http://bugs.python.org/issue5380 which seems to be relevant.
    Sounds like the OS is returning an error, and that's naturally being
    propagated through Python. And further testing reveals the problem only
    surfaces when the child actually exits -- if the child writes data to
    the pipe and is more enthusiastic about living, then the parent can read
    it successfully. While it'd be nice if my example worked, for my actual
    purpose I think that's good enough (I just won't be able to test *quite*
    as easily for a while).

    I am still curious if anyone know why it worked in 2 though.

    Evan

    Evan Driscoll, Oct 24, 2012