RE: The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project lo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9yIEJlbmVkaWN0IFI=?=, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Verify if the ASPNET account has List, Execute & Read access to the Virtual directory.
    Also check if you have a Firewall installed and if so disable it

    I have also seen that after changing the Machine.Config file to change the ProcessModel section to use SYSTEM instead of machine, I had to restart Visual Studio for these changes to take effect

    Regards

    Trevor Benedict

    ----- Hoss Hossland via .NET 247 wrote: ----

    When I try to create/Open a web project in Visual Studio.Net I have got this Error

    The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following 'url: http://localhost/webapplication1'
    'A connection with the server could not be established

    When I try to browse exisiting .net web application through brower I DO NOT have any problem that tells me ASP Net registration does not have any problem

    I do already remove and re install IIS and VS.Net as well as FrontPage 2000 extensions

    I changed Process model from machine to SYSTEM ...checks all the rights and permissions...everything seems alright but still have this issue

    It's become really frustrating

    The environment I am working on is W2K and VS.Net 2K

    Please help me...

    From: Hoss Hosslan

    Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/

    <Id>jGTkABeJmUqSuXZpbzRpdQ==</Id>
    =?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9yIEJlbmVkaWN0IFI=?=, Jun 7, 2004