Re: "Then it's a simple matter of following your socks."

Discussion in 'Java' started by Capa Espírito, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. From: Capa Esp0rito <_@.example>

    one busted puppet wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 05:04:36 GMT, This account has been banned because it
    >violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use wrote:
    >
    >> (http://www.aioe.org/statistics/news-notice.2012.03.01-03.01.22.html)

    >So you're relying, once again, on a timing coincidence.

    I am reading all of the post.
    Time is Time.
    You can say it is coincidence, however you or I saying so does not make it so.

    [...]
    >You can keep posting more of this so-called "evidence". I can keep poking
    >holes in it. So when do you give up, kooky?

    "kooky?"

    When Arne made the post to c.l.j.p (detailed below) did you respond at that
    time
    with the same "coincidence" argument for the shared IP addresses? When you have
    bragged about instigating cancels of NSP accounts for your various nemesis did
    you consider the help desk you wrote to would one day read your "coincidence"
    as not being a coincidence in the full light of history as
    the truth comes to pass?
    Convince me you are not indeed the lying conniving SOB many have pointed to in
    all your slightly differing modes, Seamus.

    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:52:33 -0500
    From: Arne Vajhoj <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer Subject: Re: Possible bug in Calendar
    <49065781$0$90269$> <ge6cgf$ne5$>
    <4907b77f$0$90267$> <ge8oc2$vbt$>
    <4908f801$0$90265$> <geboug$5su$>
    <gec9o7$19f$> <gelneh$jgt$>
    <gelpst$ml5$> <gesofm$nqc$>
    <gesq1s$90s$> <gf47uh$h3f$>
    <>
    <gf4cbs$akf$> <gf8h6k$26t$>
    <> <gfi6ij$j4n$>
    <491fbe8d$0$20300$> <0941e52b-d50a-4bc8-aa3f-930955de146c@d42g20
    00prb.googlegroups.com> <
    groups.com>

    Jerry Gerrone wrote:
    > On Nov 17, 2:54 am, Paul Derbyshire <> wrote:
    > [snip]
    > So, he really DOES exist.
    >
    >> I've known about this nonsense for a while but I ignored it until now.
    >> Now I've decided it's gotten out of hand.

    > No, that actually happened at least a year ago.
    >
    >> Someone evidently mistook "Twisted" (though he seems to call himself
    >> everything *but* Twisted) for me

    > That "someone" calls himself Hunter Gratzner, and his erroneous
    > speculations have since spread far further than ever was merited. (The
    > speculator in question does not even seem to use this newsgroup.) So

    Credibility: zero

    Internet usage skills: zero

    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer Subject: Re: Possible bug in Calendar
    Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:45:24 -0800 (PST)
    Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    From: Paul Derbyshire <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer Subject: Re: Possible bug in Calendar
    Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:54:27 -0800 (PST)
    Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    From: Jerry Gerrone <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer Subject: Re: Possible bug in Calendar
    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 04:10:17 -0800 (PST)
    Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    IP : 74.14.135.55 Neighborhood
    Host : bas1-ottawa10-1242466103.dsl.bell.ca OK
    Country : Canada

    Arne

    --

    froup line adjusted - followup to kooks froup denied

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    Capa Espírito, Aug 2, 2012

  2. Capa Espírito

    Nadegda Guest

    To: Capa Espírito
    From: Nadegda <>

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 04:22:36 -0600, Capa Esp- rito wrote:

    > one busted puppet wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 05:04:36 GMT, This account has been banned because
    >>it violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use wrote:
    >>
    >>> (http://www.aioe.org/statistics/news-notice.2012.03.01-03.01.22.html)

    >>So you're relying, once again, on a timing coincidence.
    >>

    > I am reading all of the post.
    > Time is Time.
    > You can say it is coincidence, however you or I saying so does not make
    > it so.

    Hi, Morphy.

    I see you snipped all of the numerous *other* holes I poked in Account Banned's
    latest heap of "evidence". I wonder why? Any *single one* of those holes leaves
    Account Banned's k'lame completely unsubstantiated, once again, so he, or you,
    would have to plug ALL of them.

    And I could go on poking more and more holes just in what he's already posted.
    If he posts more, I'll poke more holes. How can I be so confident that I'll be
    able to poke more holes? Because I know, as a matter of fact, that he is
    *wrong*. And so are you.

    You're like any paranoid conspiracy theorists: coincidence as evidence,
    spurious patterns as proof, and anyone disagreeing with you is instantly
    labeled as being certainly also one of the enemy. Andrew Wilson argues against
    you? Instantly you label him a "Derbyshire sock" too. Phoenix argues against
    you? You label him one. I argue against you? You label me one. Traffic-monitor
    votes you for some July kook awards and adds "This nym-shifting skidmark is a
    fucking kook. In fact he's a viable candidate for kook of the century." Danny
    Serlot labels *him* one.

    Want to play another round? It will have the same results as the last two
    -- the only people you convince will be yourselves, while I tear the
    conspiracy theory to shreds, Account Banned gets another round of SPNAK! s, you
    morph some more, you get killfiled some more, and still nobody takes you or
    your kooky theories seriously except a few of your fellow kooks.

    This game of trying to "prove" that kensi is Derbyshire is clearly stalemated.
    And since the burden of proof is on the accusers, that means that you have
    lost. You can stave off the appearance of defeat by piling up a stack of
    coincidences miles high but you cannot actually win. Are you going to waste
    more of your time and more of your life on what is, for you, already a
    years-long futile quest? Or are you going to throw in the towel and admit that
    you might be wrong and find something more constructive to do with your life
    than trying to outerfilth kensi and other people for the high crime of rubbing
    you the wrong way and therefore being suspected Derbyshire socks?

    Are you going to apologize to whoever actually lives in that trailer you posted
    a photo of?

    Keep in mind, I've only spent a month at demolishing your garbage and kensi a
    year or so, while you've wasted the better part of a decade now tilting at
    various windmills you mistook for this Derbyshire. A month from now and someone
    else might be doign the demolishing. Nobody loses more than a few weeks of
    summer vacation time or other idle time debunking your demented delusions,
    while you lose year after year doing little else but spamming your screeds all
    over usenet.

    It's time you quit, Morphy, before you look in the mirror one day, see an old
    man, and break down in tears upon realizing how much of your life you let slip
    by because of this "Derbyshire" obsession when you could have been out having
    fun or something instead.

    Usenet isn't worth wasting years of your life chasing ghosts.

    And I mean all of that sincerely. I guess some of kensi's attitude of trying to
    help kooks and not just mock them has rubbed off on me.

    Now it's almost 3 AM. I've wasted enough time on kooks for one day so it's
    beddy-bye for me now.

    Think the above over, carefully, before we meet again.

    Nadegda, Aug 2, 2012