Re: There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Nobody, Jun 30, 2012.

  1. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:

    > There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
    > I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

    This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
    not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
    one which does.

    Nobody, Jun 30, 2012

  2. Nobody

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Nobody <> writes:
    >On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:
    >> There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
    >> I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

    >This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
    >not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
    >one which does.

    More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
    created without a »GUI builder«. GUI builders offer a quick
    start for beginners.

    Stefan Ram, Jun 30, 2012

  3. בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©×‘×ª,30 ביוני 2012 20:24:56 UTC+1, מ×ת Stefan Ram:

    > More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
    > created without a »GUI builder«. GUI builders offer a quick
    > start for beginners.

    They're good for intermediate level applications.

    If you just need a few buttons, it's often eaiser just to handcode them. Ifyou've got a wonderful and elaborate system with floating and docking everything the GUI builder might not offer enough fexibility. But if you've gotseveral menus and dialogs, but fundamentally strightforwards, a GUI builder can save time.

    Malcolm McLean, Jul 1, 2012
  4. On 30-Jun-12 14:24, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Nobody <> writes:
    >> On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:
    >>> There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
    >>> I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

    >> This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
    >> not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
    >> one which does.

    > More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
    > created without a »GUI builder«. GUI builders offer a quick
    > start for beginners.

    That does not change that fact that _C itself_ does not have a GUI.

    There are numerous GUI toolkits available that happen to use C, and most
    (if not all) of them have GUI builders.

    So, what exactly is your proposal?

    Stephen Sprunk, Jul 1, 2012