Re: This application has failed to start because the applicationconfiguration is incorrect

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Hammond, Feb 17, 2009.

  1. Mark Hammond

    Mark Hammond Guest

    On 18/02/2009 5:49 AM, Sam Clark wrote:
    > I am receiving the message "This application has failed to start because
    > the application configuration is incorrect" when I attempt to run a
    > compiled Python program on another machine. I have used py2exe on both a
    > 2.6.1 and a 2.6.0 version of the .py and .pyw files. Everything works
    > great on the machine where Python 2.6 is loaded, but fails on machines
    > where I copy the .exe to the machine. I'm a beginner at python
    > programming. In fact this is my first packaged program. Any thoughts at
    > a beginners level would be helpful.

    This will be due to the C runtime library not being installed correctly
    on the target machine. Python 2.6 has this problem more than earlier
    versions (due to the compiler used to build it) and the best way to
    address it isn't really clear yet unless you are willing to have them
    install these libraries via another Microsoft supplied installer.
    Probably the easiest workaround is to use Python 2.5 in the short term...

    Mark
    Mark Hammond, Feb 17, 2009

  2. Mark Hammond

    Lorenzo Guest

    On 17 feb, 19:44, Mark Hammond <> wrote:
    > On 18/02/2009 5:49 AM, Sam Clark wrote:
    >
    > > I am receiving the message "Thisapplicationhasfailedtostartbecause
    > > theapplicationconfiguration is incorrect" when I attempt to run a
    > > compiled Python program on another machine. I have used py2exe on both a
    > > 2.6.1 and a 2.6.0 version of the .py and .pyw files. Everything works
    > > great on the machine where Python 2.6 is loaded, but fails on machines
    > > where I copy the .exe to the machine. I'm a beginner at python
    > > programming. In fact this is my first packaged program. Any thoughts at
    > > a beginners level would be helpful.

    > This will be due to the C runtime library not being installed correctly
    > on the target machine.

    I had the same issue. After looking some "patch" solutions of putting
    manually some dlls on the dist folder, I realized that you can fix it
    by installing one of these packages, see which one fits your system:
    x86
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

    x64
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

    PS: Mark, this could be added to a kind of "Deployment" entry in
    py2exe wiki, it would be useful.
    Lorenzo, Feb 25, 2009

  3. Mark Hammond

    Mark Hammond Guest

    On 26/02/2009 4:51 AM, Lorenzo wrote:

    > PS: Mark, this could be added to a kind of "Deployment" entry in
    > py2exe wiki, it would be useful.

    IIRC, I've never edited the py2exe wiki (despite appearances to the
    contrary sometimes, I don't formally maintain that package!).

    But that is the cool thing about Wiki's - *anyone* can add such
    information ;)

    Cheers,

    Mark
    Mark Hammond, Feb 26, 2009