Re: This is difficult (for me)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by 123Jim, Jun 12, 2010.

  1. 123Jim

    123Jim Guest

    >"italo" <> wrote in message
    >This is a little part of my home page:
    >http://www.tortebomboniere.com/test-01.html

    >If I use Mozilla Firefox, that type of album with moving pages is displayed
    >at the left side of field #2.
    >If I use Internet Explorer (7 or 8), it is displayed at the right side,
    >overlapping the picture in field #3.

    >How can I correct this fact? I wish that it have to stay entirely inside
    >the field #2
    >Many thanks

    I couldn't figure out what the problem was there exactly, but I replaced
    your table with <div> and it has improved the consistency between browsers.
    see here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ladycroft/webdevfun/test-01.html

    There are a couple of things you should notice:
    The Doctype is strict:
    This was required to make IE behave correctly with min-width attribute.

    The images are reduced in size .. this helps the smooth running of the image
    transitions, which was a bit slow in IE.

    I had to omit the borders around each inner <div> as it looked messy
    esspecially in IE .. although I did not test it with the strict doctype.

    cheers,
    123Jim
    123Jim, Jun 12, 2010

  2. 123Jim

    123Jim Guest

    "123Jim" <> wrote in message

    >>"italo" <> wrote in message
    >>This is a little part of my home page:
    >>http://www.tortebomboniere.com/test-01.html

    >>If I use Mozilla Firefox, that type of album with moving pages is
    >>displayed at the left side of field #2.
    >>If I use Internet Explorer (7 or 8), it is displayed at the right side,
    >>overlapping the picture in field #3.

    >>How can I correct this fact? I wish that it have to stay entirely inside
    >>the field #2
    >>Many thanks

    > I couldn't figure out what the problem was there exactly, but I replaced
    > your table with <div> and it has improved the consistency between
    > browsers.
    > see here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ladycroft/webdevfun/test-01.html
    >
    > There are a couple of things you should notice:
    > The Doctype is strict:
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
    > This was required to make IE behave correctly with min-width attribute.
    >
    > The images are reduced in size .. this helps the smooth running of the
    > image transitions, which was a bit slow in IE.
    >
    > I had to omit the borders around each inner <div> as it looked messy
    > esspecially in IE .. although I did not test it with the strict doctype.

    Well after that, I find that merely changing your doctype to 'strict' is
    enough to fix the problem you were highlighting
    123Jim, Jun 12, 2010

  3. 123Jim

    italo Guest

    R: This is difficult (for me)

    "123Jim" <> ha scritto nel messaggio

    >Well after that, I find that merely changing your doctype to 'strict' is
    >enough to fix the problem you were highlighting

    Very well, you have found and fixed the problem!
    Thank you very much, you have been very kind.

    Italo
    italo, Jun 12, 2010