Re: This message has been blocked for your safety

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrice, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    Have you tried to click on "Learn more" ???!!!

    It looks like you are using a software (not sure if this is a server side
    firewall software or if you try to read the message in a client) that
    consider this as a potential threat. IMO your best is to look for support at
    this third party product site as it looks like this issue is not related to
    ..NET...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Patrice

    Jassim Rahma Guest

    can you please expian what do you mean?

    Jassim Rahma, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    AFAIK this message is not produced by the DOTNET framework but by a third
    party product that blocks the message you try to send for some reason.. In
    this message you have a "Learn more" link that you could click to see why
    this third party software choosed to block this transmission.

    So for now it looks like to me this is not at all related to a programming
    issue but to a third party software (firewall, antivirus ?)

    Or is this that your mail provider replaced the screenshot by a message of
    its own ;-) - Generally just reproducing the text should be enough. The
    message I see is the "This message has been blocked for your safety"" whih
    is not a DOTNET message...

    Patrice, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Patrice

    Jassim Rahma Guest

    but I am not getting this problem when sending to yahoo address?!! it only
    shows when sending to hotmail? any parameters I should set in order to make
    the email trusted?

    Jassim Rahma, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    Don't know. Once again for now it doesn't look to me this is a problem at
    the DOTNET framework level.

    Don't you have a window title or something that could tell you what is the
    product that display this message ? Don't you know if this looks like
    screens displayed by your antivirus, firewall software etc... Don't you see
    a productname somewhere ?

    Patrice, Jul 20, 2007
  6. Patrice

    Jassim Rahma Guest

    no, it dosn't show any name

    Jassim Rahma, Jul 20, 2007
  7. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    I gave this a look. It looks like you might as well have this when you read
    this mail in hotmail ? What didn't you said that ?!

    Click on Open Message to read the mail. Click On "Learn more" or the FAQ to
    find out why Hotmail classified this message as potentially dangerous. For
    example an option could simply black HTML mails (that could contains
    JavaScript exploits) ?

    So it looks like an hotmail issue. Nothing to do with DOTNET IMO.

    Patrice, Jul 20, 2007