Re: "This type of page is not served." Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GrantMagic, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. GrantMagic

    GrantMagic Guest

    Have you installed IIS and the .NET framework recently?

    I found, that if you install the .NET framework before IIS, the .aspx are
    not registered withing IIS an .aspx pages will not display .... highly
    annoying/

    To determine if this is the problem.
    Go to IIS.
    Go to your default website properties.
    Click on the Home Directory Tab
    Click the configuration button.
    Now, check if a .aspx page is registered there.

    If it is not, then you are experiencing the problem i explained above.

    How to fix it, uninstall the .Net framework and IIS.
    Then install IIS then .Net framework .... in that order.
    There might be an easier way, but that'll definately work

    GrantMagic, Sep 15, 2004