Re: this very simple UDP client/server.. doesn't work?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Adam M., Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Adam M.

    Adam M. Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:37:26 GMT, Adam M. <> wrote:

    > Hi, I'm trying to get a simple UDP client/server working.
    > [snip]

    Sorry, I'm an idiot.

    It wasn't working due to 'iptables' blocking the packets. I can't believe
    I forgot about that.

    Wellp, nothing to see here, move along. Just another useless usenet post.
    :)
    Adam M., Aug 4, 2003

  2. "Adam M." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:37:26 GMT, Adam M. <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I'm trying to get a simple UDP client/server working.
    > > [snip]

    > Sorry, I'm an idiot.
    >
    > It wasn't working due to 'iptables' blocking the packets. I can't believe
    > I forgot about that.
    >
    > Wellp, nothing to see here, move along. Just another useless usenet post.
    > :)

    Hi Adam,

    e = recvfrom(s, buf, sizeof(buf), 0, NULL, NULL);

    You are using recvfrom and not even specified the IP address from
    which to receive the packet?

    I think that is the problem.

    Monisha
    Monisha Barooah, Aug 4, 2003