RE: Thorough Python 2.7.3 Windows Build Documentation?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Leonard, Arah, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hello again Python programmers,

Final update on my Python 2.7.3 build issues. After much insanity I finally used a process sniffer when running Python and tracked down that becauseof a path environment variable and the stupidity of Microsoft, Windows wasloading another python27.dll rather than the one in the directory with thepython.exe that I built, thus rendering my former tests useless. Sorting this out using the .exe.local trick, I was able to re-test everything and come to reliable conclusions. Based on performance results, it is without adoubt in my mind that the Python 2.7.3 precompiled binaries in the MSI area PGO build. I can now build my own binaries with the same performance asthe released precompiled binaries. And on my machine at least, these PGO built binaries do perform 30-36% faster than a normal release build. Useful information if you're doing your own Python builds. I'd still like to see Python start including some thorough build documentation on each release,but I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath on that. ;) Cheers.

Sincerely,
    Arah Leonard
    Leonard, Arah, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertising