Re: Thumbnails

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Segall, Nov 26, 2009.

  1. David Segall

    David Segall Guest

    "Mavis" <> wrote:

    >Can anybody please tell me how to do thumbnails ?

    If you are making a photo album then JAlbum <http://jalbum.net> will
    produce the thumbnail, an image scaled for web viewing and a link to
    the original for download. If you just want one thumbnail then any
    photo editor will let you resize and/or crop an image. I use an old
    version of Photoshop Elements that came with my scanner but I'm sure
    someone here can suggest free software that is similarly easy to use.

    If you want to make thumbnails from an entire directory of images then
    ImageMagick <http://www.imagemagick.org/> is a great tool. It is not
    interactive so your first attempt will require a few tries to create
    the .bat file you want.

    David Segall, Nov 26, 2009

  2. David Segall wrote:
    [...]
    > use an old
    > version of Photoshop Elements that came with my scanner but I'm sure
    > someone here can suggest free software that is similarly easy to use.

    [...]

    That would be The GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) at
    http://www.gimp.org :)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --