RE: Tibco Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kip Lehman, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Kip Lehman

    Kip Lehman Guest

    Circa summer 2003, at a company I previously worked at, a co-worker and
    I had an occasion to see if we could get Python and TIBCO Rendezvous
    working together.

    The SWIG-based tibrv mechanism was insufficient, buggy and was problematic
    in terms of keeping up with Python releases.

    We resorted to using ctypes with the relevant TIBCO header files
    and confabulating our own package to work with TIBCO Rendezvous messages
    (both publishing and subscribing).
    We didn't concern ourselves with certified messages.

    Feel free to contact me directly if you want me to see if I can
    unearth any further info.

    Kip Lehman

    ....still waiting for PanAm, Amtrack and the USPS to deliver my .sig

    Kip Lehman, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Kip Lehman

    rdahlstrom Guest

    Sent you an email - have you found anything else on this? I'm not all
    that familiar with ctypes, and am having a little trouble getting
    started with this. Anything I could use just to get started would be
    fantastic - I can go from there. Thanks!

    rdahlstrom, Jul 18, 2007