    I have no explanation for my earlier problems.

    All's well that ends well...

    Thanks for your help.

    twc, Dec 10, 2006

  2. twc

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:46:51 -0000, twc <>
    wrote:

    > I'll be damned... the system works under WebStart so I cannot
    > reproduce the alleged problem. <embarrassed>
    >
    > Sorry... but am happy that it appears to work under WebStart, and
    > I have no explanation for my earlier problems.
    >
    > All's well that ends well...

    If you haven't changed any code, I'd guess that you probably still have a
    subtle threading bug that doesn't always show-up. It may just have been
    coincidence that it seemed to work under one configuration but not another.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.uncommons.org

    Daniel Dyer, Dec 10, 2006

  3. twc wrote:
    > I'll be damned... the system works under WebStart so I cannot
    > reproduce the alleged problem.

    I tend to agree with both Daniel and Thomas -
    the problem is not yet solved.

    Just a couple of quick notes..
    It is possible to launch a JWS app. from the command line
    in the same way that you were running the plain 'java'.
    This makes testing much quicker.

    I recommend either uninstalling the current app.,
    or changing the JWS cache location (at least for
    the test itself) when testing - for each test run. The
    web-start caching mechanisms are subtle and have
    a lot of 'gotchas', so it is best to start the test from
    scratch.

    But most importantly, for investigating 'version'
    based problems..
    Try hard coding versions 1.5 and 1.6 (as opposed
    to '1.5+') in the JNLP to test with each Java version
    specifically.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2006