    You don't say!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 13, 2012

  2. On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Alan_Smith <> wrote:
    >
    >> • CAPTCHA should be readable

    >You don't say!

    Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    is.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Mar 13, 2012

  3. Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In article<>,
    >> Alan_Smith<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> • CAPTCHA should be readable

    >> You don't say!

    > Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    > I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    > is.

    I think the acronym is GOTCHA...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 13, 2012
  4. On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:46:36 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    >> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> You don't say!

    >> Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    >> I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    >> is.

    >I think the acronym is GOTCHA...

    To me, yes. To them, LOSTIM as I tend to leave such a site right
    quickly.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Mar 13, 2012
  5. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <jjntlb$bk2$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    > > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme<>
    > > wrote:

    > >> You don't say!

    > > Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    > > I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    > > is.

    Is that so, earthling? I thought it was just me on account of being
    just a visitor.

    Trying to exclude bots is interesting, wonder if anyone has tried
    having a picture of something obvious - like a tree - and asking if it
    is a or b or c etc? Probably!

    dorayme, Mar 13, 2012
  6. On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:55:15 +1100, dorayme <>
    wrote:

    >In article <jjntlb$bk2$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Gene Wirchenko wrote:

    >> > Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    >> > I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    >> > is.

    >Is that so, earthling? I thought it was just me on account of being
    >just a visitor.

    Yes. The tourists get it, too.

    >Trying to exclude bots is interesting, wonder if anyone has tried
    >having a picture of something obvious - like a tree - and asking if it
    >is a or b or c etc? Probably!

    Unfortunately, just guessing would get through 1/3 or 1/4 or
    whatever of the time. That is too often.

    Gene Wirchenko, Mar 14, 2012
  7. On 2012-03-13 15:39:42 +0000, Gene Wirchenko said:

    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Alan_Smith <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> • CAPTCHA should be readable

    >> You don't say!

    > Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    > I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    > is.

    As have we all, but that doesn't make it any the less pointless to say
    it here, because the people who build such sites don't come here.

    --
    athel

    Athel Cornish-Bowden, Mar 15, 2012
  8. On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:41:18 +0100, Athel Cornish-Bowden
    <> wrote:

    >On 2012-03-13 15:39:42 +0000, Gene Wirchenko said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:11:05 +1100, dorayme <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> You don't say!

    >> Someone should be saying it. I have been to too many sites where
    >> I can not read it, or it is ambiguous as to what the character order
    >> is.

    >As have we all, but that doesn't make it any the less pointless to say
    >it here, because the people who build such sites don't come here.

    And you know that how?

    Besides, someone who does might say something to sucha
    sitebuilder.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Mar 15, 2012