Re: Tk mainloop()

Discussion in 'Python' started by dan, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. dan

    dan Guest

    re my prev response -- sleep() doesn't 'allow Tkinter thread to run',
    but it might be necessary to let some system services or something run
    in the background. Actually I'm going to take it out and see what
    happens. Just calling youroot.update() should be enough to let
    Tkinter do its thing.

    quick comment: if Py is indeed going to take over the world of
    programming, which I for one applaud, it needs to get its threading
    stuff together. Seems pretty funky right now. Also Tk is nice but a
    C-level native set of GUI commands that work across platforms but use
    platform-native calls would be a great improvement.

    Just my 2c -dbm

    dan, Jul 20, 2003