Re: Tkinter isn't permanently ugly (was: python applicationsdeployement)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Laird, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. > From Mon Oct 13 15:53:13 2003

    Does <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/HowDoIUse > leave any questions?
    Cameron Laird, Oct 13, 2003

  2. In article <>, I hinted:
    >> From Mon Oct 13 15:53:13 2003
    >> .
    >> .
    >> .
    >> .. somebody want to tell me how to *use* that file? I just get 'can't
    >> find package starkit' when I try to execute it with tclsh8.4 or wish8.4.

    >> Jeff

    >Does <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/HowDoIUse > leave any questions?

    I thought of a different way to say this: 'know how Pythoneers
    are good about exploiting the "if __name__ == '__main__'" idiom
    to share modules that also execute standalone to self-test or
    demonstrate? That's one of the habits with *.kit files too.
    Brian's starkit is both a loadable package, *and* a demonstration
    of that package, rolled into one.
    --

    Cameron Laird <>
    Business: http://www.Phaseit.net