Re: Tool Tips Javascript

Discussion in 'HTML' started by NOYB, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. NOYB

    NOYB Guest

    On 15-Jul-2005, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <> wrote:

    > > As horrid as the code is on my sites they're ranked at near the top of
    > > the engines,

    > Which proves what?
    >
    > > and being that I'm on other people's computers every day I try to
    > > access my sites and they're all accessible on all sorts of computer
    > > and connections.

    > I sincerely doubt that.
    >
    > > What are the practical real world benfits of having W3 perfect error
    > > free
    > > code?

    > There are many, including that client-side scripts basically
    > will work in a UA (provided they support the respective DOM).
    >
    > If the examples in this group and other newsgroups dealing
    > with Web authoring are not sufficient for you, try Google:
    >
    > <http://www.google.de/search?q=why+valid+code>

    That link leads to the REAL reason W3C code is so important. Look at the
    prices they charge to correct "bad" code. Make up some BS standard then
    charge people to live up to it $ukers!!!

    Pricing

    Site Size Annual Price (US dollars)
    1 - 100 pages or frames </toolbox/faq.htm> $60 per URL
    101 - 400 pages or frames </toolbox/faq.htm> $200 per URL
    Larger than 400 pages or frames </toolbox/faq.htm> See below
    Have custom needs? Click here </toolbox/large_sites.htm>
    Need advanced features? HTML Toolbox Advanced – Gold ($499 per URL) for
    up to 1000 pages or frames HTML Toolbox Advanced – Platinum ($799) for up
    to 5000 pages or frames

    --
    All the best,

    NOYB
    NOYB, Jul 16, 2005

  2. NOYB

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, NOYB quothed

    > > <http://www.google.de/search?q=why+valid+code>

    > That link leads to the REAL reason W3C code is so important. Look at the
    > prices they charge to correct "bad" code. Make up some BS standard then
    > charge people to live up to it $ukers!!!

    Yes but if you take the time to learn the "bs standard" you won't have
    to "pay the piper" later, so to speak.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 16, 2005

  3. NOYB

    NOYB Guest

    On 16-Jul-2005, Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > Yes but if you take the time to learn the "bs standard" you won't have
    > to "pay the piper" later, so to speak.

    Any browser that's designed to be unforgiving will be gone sooner or later.
    Not many people are going to shoot themselves in the foot for too long just
    because they hate microsoft.

    --
    All the best,

    NOYB
    NOYB, Jul 17, 2005
  4. NOYB <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> wrote:

    Your sender information is forged which is a violation of Internet standards
    (including, but not limited to, domain abuse) and the Terms of Use of your
    provider (bellsouth.net [1]) as well as a disregard of Netiquette.

    [1] <http://www.bellsouth.com/termsofuse.html>

    > On 16-Jul-2005, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >> Yes but if you take the time to learn the "bs standard" you won't have
    >> to "pay the piper" later, so to speak.

    > Any browser that's designed to be unforgiving will be gone sooner or
    > later.

    On the contrary, the trend is towards more standards compliant browsers.

    > Not many people are going to shoot themselves in the foot for too long

    Yes, bad Web authors will not prevail in the long run.

    > just because they hate microsoft.

    This is not about Microsoft.

    And, BTW, this is not about JavaScript either! Don't crosspost here
    if it does not concern the language! Followup-To alt.html.

    PointedEars
    --
    But he had not that supreme gift of the
    artist, the knowledge of when to stop.
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jul 17, 2005
  5. NOYB

    Randy Webb Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > NOYB <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    > Your sender information is forged which is a violation of Internet standards
    > (including, but not limited to, domain abuse) and the Terms of Use of your
    > provider (bellsouth.net [1]) as well as a disregard of Netiquette.
    >
    > [1] <http://www.bellsouth.com/termsofuse.html>

    No, it is not "forged". Before making accusations, please learn the
    meaning (and implication) of the word you are accusing them of. The
    sender information is *precisely* as it was set.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Jul 17, 2005
  6. NOYB

    NOYB Guest

    On 17-Jul-2005, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <> wrote:

    > NOYB <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    > Your sender information is forged which is a violation of Internet
    > standards
    > (including, but not limited to, domain abuse) and the Terms of Use of your
    > provider (bellsouth.net [1]) as well as a disregard of Netiquette.

    What do you mean by that? Nothing is forged. Are you saying I have to use my
    real name and email address on USENET. That's ridiculous. You're not.

    --
    All the best,

    NOYB
    NOYB, Jul 17, 2005
  7. NOYB

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, NOYB quothed

    > Any browser that's designed to be unforgiving will be gone sooner or later.

    I dunno. If you're 1 minute late for work once, should you be fired?
    Perhaps that's not the best analogy, but forgiving things are generally
    preferable to unforgiving things in my dvd. Of course, the way by which
    the "forgiving" is accomplished may be objectionable, but the real rub
    and problem is when things don't work the way they should. Now I do *a
    lot* of markup and programming that includes css and javascript, and
    I've come across several instances wherein IE does css correctly and
    Mozilla does not. Neither browser is anywhere near to "working the way
    it should," although, admittedly, IE probably has more major faults in
    standards-rendering. (I still can't believe they fail to do
    "position:fixed" after all these years.)

    > Not many people are going to shoot themselves in the foot for too long just
    > because they hate microsoft.

    It's probably true that the only people who would shoot themselves
    anywhere because they hate anything are those people who hate themselves
    so I must consider this bit of pedantic pedephilia irrelevant.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 17, 2005
  8. "NOYB" <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> wrote:

    > Any browser that's designed to be unforgiving will be gone sooner or later.

    Curious thing to say, given that historically browsers (including
    Microsoft's) have become more strict about hewing to the standards, not
    less. If things continue to evolve in that manner -- and there's no
    evidence that they won't -- then it's the forgiving browsers that you
    can wave a (long) goodbye to.

    --
    Joel.
    Joel Shepherd, Jul 17, 2005
  9. JRS: In article <UusCe.94071$>, dated
    Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:52:08, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, NOYB
    <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> posted :

    >On 17-Jul-2005, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <> wrote:
    >
    >> NOYB <reply_to_me@this_newsgroup.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Your sender information is forged which is a violation of Internet
    >> standards
    >> (including, but not limited to, domain abuse) and the Terms of Use of your
    >> provider (bellsouth.net [1]) as well as a disregard of Netiquette.

    >What do you mean by that? Nothing is forged. Are you saying I have to use my
    >real name and email address on USENET. That's ridiculous. You're not.

    You don't mean that. "You" can only refer to him, and he is ridiculous.
    You can use whatever name you like - but those who are ashamed of their
    identity or use silly nicknames consequently get diminished respect -
    and you are allowed to use any address that you are entitled to use -
    one you own, or one you have explicit permission to use for the purpose.

    No-one other than a control freak objects to an address used without
    permission if that address is such that only a fool or a spam collector
    would use.

    Moreover, the infant Lahn holds peculiar views on cross-posting. He is
    of course entitled to do so; but not to attempt to force them on others,
    except in newsgroups where he is a duly appointed polizei-kommissar.
    There is in Usenet no obligation to set a single follow-up to a cross-
    post; indeed, it is frequently inappropriate to do so.

    --
    © John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©
    Dr John Stockton, Jul 18, 2005