Re: Trash Can and Sun

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, May 27, 2008.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 26 May 2008 08:42:28 GMT, "Kenneth P. Turvey"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >Shouldn't there be a system independent way to use the system trash can
    >when deleting a file?

    not every OS supports it. So it can't very well be a standard class.
    You can however, implement it pretty easily with Windows using JNI.

    I would write it for you for $50.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, May 27, 2008

  2. Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:
    > Not every OS supports a windowing system either, and yet we have Swing.
    > This is an idiom that is common to 99% of the installed desktop systems.
    > It should be supported.

    Can you have a certified Java SE implementation without AWT and Swing
    that works at least if the windowing software is installed (it does
    not have to) ?

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 28, 2008