Re: Tree library - multiple children

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ricardo Aráoz, Dec 12, 2013.

  1. El 12/12/13 16:26, Neil Cerutti escribió:
    > On 2013-12-12, Ricardo Aráoz <> wrote:
    >> I need to use a tree structure. Is there a good and known library?
    >> Doesn't have to be binary tree, I need to have multiple children per node.

    > Have you tried nested lists?
    >
    > [[1, 2], [3, 4]
    >
    > Can represent
    >
    > root
    > / \
    > 1-2 3-4
    >
    > Python makes it very easy to manipulate such a structure. It
    > isn't clear that you need more than that yet.

    And what if "2" has a couple of children? And one of those children has
    children of it's own?
    You see, I will be needing multiple levels and will need to know if a
    node is already there at some level, and be able to add a child to that
    node on the fly, and to be able to traverse the tree in different ways,
    so I would eventually develop a tree library which is what I'm looking for.
    Ricardo Aráoz, Dec 12, 2013