Re: Trying to use JW Player

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ian, Nov 5, 2012.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On Saturday, November 3, 2012 1:48:59 AM UTC-4, MrBean wrote:
    > Can't have 2 or more movies on one page.
    > http://www.proroctwa.com/readme.html
    >
    > Any work around!?

    Not sure this is helpful, but if no one else gives you an answer, perhaps this may point you in the right direction. ... It looks as if JW Player is for embedding a video player, either in HTML5 or Flash. ... You could easilyditch the player if you're willing to give up on Flash. You could embed the video code directly.

    Here is some sample code (won't say where I got it from ... LOL):

    <video width="320" height="240" controls="controls">
    <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg">
    <source src="movie.webm" type="video/webm">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>

    I've found that making (and calling) an MP4 is all you need to do. Just runyour video file through Handbrake (which is free), and set the output to be a web-streaming MP4. It may take some work, but it's worth it.

    Ian
    Ian, Nov 5, 2012

  2. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On Monday, November 5, 2012 5:04:50 AM UTC-5, MrBean wrote:
    > D/loaded Handbrake and processed jfk.file through couple settings - no
    > joy. There is not preset web-streaming MP4 - maybe that's where is the
    > problem.

    I think I made the mistake of assuming that since I'm good at doing one particular thing, it must be easy for others. Sorry about that. Handbrake is not actually that simple of a program, and you have to know what the settings mean. The setting for a web-streaming MP4 is a checkbox above the main settings area. I don't recall what they named it.

    There's a site called VideoHelp, which has a great deal of material that would bring you up to speed.

    I think the essential problem with working with video is that you have to know what you're doing to some extent. Not trying to be sarcastic. I mean, Iknow, when I embed an image, what its width and height are, what file typeI saved it under, and I knew how to process it in IrfanView, or Photoshop,etc. It's just something you learn over time.

    Ian
    Ian, Nov 6, 2012

  3. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:31:29 PM UTC-5, Ian wrote:
    > I think I made the mistake of assuming that since I'm good at doing one
    > particular thing, it must be easy for others. Sorry about that.

    Just realized that one solution is to upload your video to YouTube, which will give you an easy way of embedding it later.

    Ian
    Ian, Nov 6, 2012
  4. Ian

    Ian Rastall Guest

    On 11/10/2012 9:49 AM, MrBean wrote:
    > My idea is to get out of JewTube.

    Sorry, I just can't help you. Hope you find your answer.

    --
    Ian
    http://bookstacks.org/
    Ian Rastall, Nov 10, 2012