Re: TS6084: Java/ J2EE Developer with Sybase experience lina@tansoncorp.com

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jonathan N. Little, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 07:45:03 -0700 (PDT), Tina dan <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Please contact lina@SPAMMERS_EMAIL.com for more info.
    >>
    >> Job Title:Java/ J2EE Developer
    >> Job Location: Rochester, MN
    >> Job Duration: 01 Year(Contract)
    >> Pay Range: Open

    > You've been advertising - sorry, SPAMMING this job to this group since
    > April. Perhaps it's time to tell your client that your company is full
    > of nothing but **** ups who can't even find real talent so they're
    > forced to SPAM Usenet to try to find someone, but they can't even find
    > talent spamming usenet?

    Evan if you feel compelled to respond to spam, at least do not do
    included their URLs and email addresses, else you are doing their work
    for them.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 2, 2012

  2. Re: TS6084: Java/ J2EE Developer with Sybase experience

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> [a response to a spam]
    >>> <snip spam>

    >> You've been advertising - sorry, SPAMMING this job to this group...

    > Evan if you feel compelled to respond to spam, at least do not do
    > included their URLs and email addresses, else you are doing their work
    > for them.

    Not only that, but the spam itself was filtered out by my news server, and
    Evan served only to expose it.

    (Spammer's email snipped from Subject line.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 2, 2012

  3. Re: TS6084: Java/ J2EE Developer with Sybase experience

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>Evan if you feel compelled to respond to spam, at least do not do
    >>included their URLs and email addresses, else you are doing their work
    >>for them.

    > I only included the e-mail address so the spambots harvest it - the more
    > the merrier.

    It has been said that the spambots only harvest from the headers, not from
    the bodies or subjects of posts. So your effort is wasted.

    And why do you think a spammer would read other spam sent to it?

    (email address again snipped from subject line)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 3, 2012