Re: TS7848:Direct Client:- iSeries/RPG systems and application programmer

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Robert Baer, Mar 16, 2013.

  1. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Tina dan wrote:
    > Please contact for more info.
    >
    > Job Title: iSeries/RPG systems and application programmer
    > Job Location: Rochester, MN
    > Job Duration: 06 Months(contract)
    > Pay Range: Open
    >
    > Job Description:
    >
    > Our Client have an urgent have an urgent need for an iSeries/RPG
    > systems and application programmer.
    > The primary responsibilities of this individual will be in the
    > development and on-going support of our claims processing application,
    > MHS, which resides on the iSeries.
    > Additionally, they will support applications and processes in
    > membership and eligibility.
    > IT supports a number of vended and developed applications in support
    > claims, membership, and eligibility processing.
    > In-house applications are written primarily in RPG with DB2 and some
    > MS SQL.
    >
    > Required/Desired Skills:-
    >
    > *4 years experience in iSeries/RPG is required.
    >
    > *4 years experience in Rodin is required.
    >
    > *4 years experience in SQL is required.
    >

    > Please complete the following and send back with your updated resume.
    > Full Name:
    > Hourly rate:
    > Day Phone #:
    > Evening Phone #:
    > Cell Phone #:
    > Availability:
    > Current City/State:
    > Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card / Others):
    >

    > Tanson is EOE/AA
    >
    > Tanson Corp. is a Minnesota based Technology Company offering
    > competitive services in IT consulting and staff augmentation,
    > providing technology staffing, consulting, and project-based services
    > in onsite, offsite and offshore environments. To view all our
    > positions take a look at "Careers" at www.Tansoncorp.com
    >

    > Follow us:
    > www.facebook.com/TansonCorp
    > twitter.com/#!/tansoncorp
    > www.linkedin.com/company/tanson-corp

    RPG still alive?
    I remember using BASIC to write an RPG emulator and it ran faster
    than DE/RPG compiled on the IBM computer the insurance company had.
    I think that was in the mid '80s...been too long ago.
    You do not need someone "with 4 years" of RPG experience; any *good*
    programmer can learn it in a week or less.

    Robert Baer, Mar 16, 2013