Re: tuples allocated by formated print ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by keirr, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. keirr

    keirr Guest

    Alexander Hoffmann wrote:
    > On Wednesday 08 September 2004 17:12, Jp Calderone wrote:
    > > Alexander Hoffmann wrote:

    <snip>
    > two facts tell me that there is something wrong:
    > 1. They contain personal data (for example concerning my example

    from above,
    > I find a tuple like ("alex", ).

    I think you will see this if the tuples are inside functions, or other
    persistant objects.

    > 2. I have my program running on my workstation and it's size in

    memory
    > slightly increases over time.

    It would be foolish of me to try and deduce too much from that, even
    if I speculated as to how much time, and how slight the increase was.
    Perhaps you could extract any suspect blocks of code and create a
    harness
    to run them repeatedly, looking for a clear indication of a memory
    leak.

    All the best,

    Keir.

    keirr, Sep 8, 2004