Re: TypeError: _new_() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given) - what doesit mean?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jesse McDonnell, May 28, 2010.

  1. On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:30:21 -0400
    Terry Reedy <> wrote:

    > On 5/24/2010 2:52 PM, Jesse McDonnell wrote:
    > > I'm attempting to install Powerline http://code.google.com/p/powerline/,
    > > a computer reservation software based on CherryPy/Python using a MYSql
    > > database, at my local library and I've run up against an error that I
    > >

    > Honestly, unless you find a Python+Powerline expert who will help, I
    > suggest that you delete Powerline and look for something else. The most
    > recent release is an alpha release over 2 years old. Except for the Feb
    > 2010 wiki updates, the project appears to be dead. Even if someone
    > helped you past this, there is no evidence that the fix would applied
    > back to the codebase. And what about the next bug or problem?

    > Terry Jan Reedy

    and

    On Wed, 26 May 2010 12:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
    Carl Banks <> wrote:

    > [Again, can't see the original, sorry]
    >
    > On May 26, 11:30 am, Terry Reedy <> wrote:
    > > On 5/24/2010 2:52 PM, Jesse McDonnell wrote:

    > The most common reason for this message is trying to subclass a
    > module. (Very easy mistake when a module has the same name as a
    > class, which is part of why I don't like the practice, though the
    > modern PEP 8 reduces the issue.)
    >
    > IOW, someone did something like this:
    >
    > import foo
    > class bar(foo): pass
    >
    > when they should have done this:
    >
    > from foo import foo
    > class bar(foo): pass

    Terry and Carl,

    Thanks for your replies. I got a response from the guy who coded Powerline through the google group for the app and upgrading dbwrap resolved this particular error. He also helped me work through some python-genshi issues and I now have a working web interface.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Jesse

    Jesse McDonnell, May 28, 2010