Re: [TYPES] The type/object distinction and possible synthesis of OOPand imperative programming lang

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Janssen, Apr 20, 2013.

  1. Mark Janssen

    Mark Janssen Guest

    > I think there is some misunderstanding here. Being "mathematical" in
    > academic work is a way of making our ideas rigorous and precise, instead of
    > trying to peddle wooly nonsense.

    I'm sorry. I am responsible for the misunderstanding. I used the
    word "math" when I really mean symbolic logic (which, historically,
    was part of philosophy). My point is that the field is confusing
    because it seems to ignore binary logic in favor of symbolic logic.
    Is binary logic not "rigorous and precise" enough?
    --
    MarkJ
    Tacoma, Washington

    Mark Janssen, Apr 20, 2013