    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Paul Furman Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Hi,
    > on
    > the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three lists.
    > One of them contains
    > the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
    > are listed
    > with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call them) but
    > the list is vertical. How could I put it
    > horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
    > Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
    > browsers?

    I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
    instead of "list-style-type: none"

    However I thought I heard someone say inline automatically does not have
    bullets?

    Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies, it takes effort to
    sort through & see exactly what you are asking about.
    Paul Furman, Feb 22, 2004

  3. "Paul Furman" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > on
    > > the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three

    lists.
    > > One of them contains
    > > the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
    > > are listed
    > > with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call them)

    but
    > > the list is vertical. How could I put it
    > > horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
    > > Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
    > > browsers?

    > I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
    > instead of "list-style-type: none"
    >
    > However I thought I heard someone say inline automatically does not have
    > bullets?
    >
    > Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies, it takes effort to
    > sort through & see exactly what you are asking about.

    I think that it should be this part as much as it concerns CSS

    div.stadsdelar{
    margin:auto;
    padding:0;
    text-align:center;
    width:50%;
    }
    div.semesterboende{
    margin:auto;
    padding:0;

    width:78%;
    }

    ul {
    margin:auto;
    list-style-type:none;
    }
    ul.languages{
    margin:auto;
    list-style-type:square;}
    li.languages {
    display:inline;
    }

    ul.stadsdelar{
    margin:auto;
    list-style-type:square;}
    li.languages {
    display:inline;
    }

    and this part in the html code

    <ul class="stadsdelar">
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Campo dei Fiori</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Esquilino</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Eur</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Marconi</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="monteverde.html">Monteverde</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="monti.html">Monti (Fori Imperiali)</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Nomentano</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza di Spagna</A> </li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piramide Cestia</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza Bologna</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Quirinale</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Giovanni</A></li>
    <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Paolo</A> </li>

    <li><A HREF="testaccio.html">Testaccio</A> </li>

    <li><A HREF="trastevere.html">Trastevere</A></li>

    <li><A HREF="boendeitrevi.html">Trevi</A> </li>
    <li> <A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Vaticano</A></li></ul>

    Best regards
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 23, 2004

> [...]

    > <li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>
    >
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Esquilino</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Eur</A></li>
    >

    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Marconi</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="monteverde.html">Monteverde</A></li>
    >

    > <li><A HREF="monti.html">Monti (Fori Imperiali)</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Nomentano</A></li>
    >
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza di Spagna</A> </li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piramide Cestia</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza Bologna</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Quirinale</A></li>
    >

    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Giovanni</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Paolo</A> </li>
    >
    > <li><A HREF="testaccio.html">Testaccio</A> </li>
    >

    > <li><A HREF="trastevere.html">Trastevere</A></li>
    >
    > <li><A HREF="boendeitrevi.html">Trevi</A> </li>
    > <li> <A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Vaticano</A></li></ul>

    Well, actually, the following part did not have anything to do with the
    piece of the page I asked about.
    div.semesterboende{
    > margin:auto;
    > padding:0;
    >
    > width:78%;
    > }

    Best regards
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Paul Furman Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Paul Furman" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >
    >>Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>>on the page
    >>>http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html
    >>>I have three lists.

    >>I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
    >>instead of "list-style-type: none"
    >>
    >>Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies...

    Thanks, also it helps to have consistent indentation and a space after
    the : as I changed it below. I think the div should't effect this so I
    left it out.

    > ul {
    > margin:auto;
    > list-style-type: none;
    > }
    >
    > ul.stadsdelar{
    > margin: auto;
    > list-style-type: square;
    > }
    > li.languages { ## this is not li.stadsdelar
    > display: inline;
    > }
    >
    > <ul class="stadsdelar">
    > <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Campo dei Fiori</A></li>
    > <li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>
    > etc...
    > </ul>

    There is no stadsdelar version for the <li>, it was copied from the
    previous but not changed. I thought the <li> should need the
    {list-style-type:square} also but I tested and that didn't work for me
    though you should probably try that too.

    I'm almost certain I've seen bullets on a horizontal list though.

    Maybe someone else knows.
    Paul Furman, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    >> "Paul Furman" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>

    >>> I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
    >>> instead of "list-style-type: none"

    complete specs:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/generate.html
    Paul Furman, Feb 23, 2004