Re: Unable to run and debug the web application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Kamoski, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Mark Kamoski

    Mark Kamoski Guest

    Niam--

    Here's a Quick-And-Dirty way to help troubleshoot.

    Under >My Computer, >Manage, >Local Users and Groups, >Groups, make sure
    that the "Debugger Users" and the "VS Developers" groups both have the
    "ASPNET" user in them.

    And, make sure that your login is also a member of these groups.

    (Of course, these groups and settings should be as "tight" and "locked
    down" as possible, but opening them up wide for a moment or two to see what
    is going on sometimes help. Then you can tighten things slowly, honing in
    on the problem.)

    That SHOULD work. If not, then it is something even more strange.

    Also note that only one person can debug against a given instance of a web
    server. So, you need to develop locally and then push to a shared server,
    or something like that.

    Also if the server is a web host, then it is unlikely that you will be able
    to debug against it. You need to work locally and push the changes to the
    server and/or set the project to "work offline" as needed.

    (Also, check the "web.config" file because it needs to set properly too.)

    And so on.

    (That's pretty slapdash for advice, but it MAY help you. If it doesn't,
    then I am sorry. Use at your own risk. That said, it IS exactly what I
    would do and it HAS worked for me. But, I'm don't mind playing it
    fast-and-loose now and again, so there you have it.)

    --Mark

    "Naim Rizk" <> wrote in message

    hi,
    i m not able to run my web application. I m getting this message.

    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

    I took a look at the application event viewer and i noticed that every
    time i try to run the application i generate 2 log errors:

    1-aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or
    password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are
    invalid.

    2-aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80004005

    in the machine config file I checked the processModel tag and i found
    this: userName="machine" password="AutoGenerate"
    i don't know to what this username and password reffer to.

    I also realized that when i launch the application without debugging I
    obtain this error msg:
    Server Application Unavailable.
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable.

    so any comments ?
    thx

    Naim