Re: unbiased benchmark

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philip Semanchuk, Mar 12, 2009.

  1. On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

    >> Even more amazingly, it takes approximately 30% less time to say

    > 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

    But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
    understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better
    than "C".
    Philip Semanchuk, Mar 12, 2009

  2. Philip Semanchuk wrote:

    > On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
    >
    >>> Even more amazingly, it takes approximately 30% less time to say

    >> 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

    > But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
    > understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better than
    > "C".

    Yes and apparently to get ruby moving anywhere you need to put in on
    train tracks! Some people think it is aesthetic pleasing, bah, humbug it
    doesn't even have a true cleavage! The only one that actually made some
    good use of this otherwise useless mineral was by bouncing a lot of
    light in it.

    --
    mph
    Martin P. Hellwig, Mar 13, 2009

  3. Philip Semanchuk

    Lie Ryan Guest

    Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
    > Philip Semanchuk wrote:

    >>> 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

    >> But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
    >> understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better
    >> than "C".
    >>

    > Yes and apparently to get ruby moving anywhere you need to put in on
    > train tracks! Some people think it is aesthetic pleasing, bah, humbug it
    > doesn't even have a true cleavage! The only one that actually made some
    > good use of this otherwise useless mineral was by bouncing a lot of
    > light in it.

    But ruby don't bite...

    PS: actually I don't believe Monty bites anything other than his lunch
    either...
    Lie Ryan, Mar 13, 2009
  4. Lie Ryan wrote:
    <cut>
    > But ruby don't bite...

    <cut>
    Neither does a python, it is a constrictor, meaning it has a firm grip
    on the modules imported :)

    --
    mph
    Martin P. Hellwig, Mar 13, 2009