    in the installation of the link parser or any of its api files.. but i
    havent got a clue.

    http://www.usenet.com

    Codemutant, May 29, 2004

  2. Codemutant

    John Carson Guest

    "Codemutant" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
    >
    > It is actually a program taken from an API documentation of "link
    > parser" (www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/)
    >
    > I was planning to use the API, but as you can see i got problems
    > making the example program run. I have no clue of why the example
    > given in the documentation should be wrong.. may be its because i got
    > wrong somewhere in the installation of the link parser or any of its
    > api files.. but i havent got a clue.

    I am pretty sure that it is a setup/compiler issue. I went to here

    http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/ftp-site/link-grammar/link-4.1a/

    and downloaded the Windows version. It compiled and ran without a problem.
    Several files in the download have a main() function, but I established that
    the one being used was parse.c. I removed it from the project and replaced
    it with the example file that is giving you trouble. It too compiled and ran
    without a problem.

    I don't use gcc, so I can only guess what the problem might be. Is
    "undefined reference" a compiler or a linker error? The Windows version
    requires about 30 source files found in the src subdirectory. You need to
    make sure that they are being compiled and linked as well.

    --
    John Carson

    John Carson, May 29, 2004