Re: Understanding and dealing with an exception

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Oct 14, 2012.

  1. On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Vincent Davis <> wrote:
    > Oops, I was going to make note of the file size. 1.2MB

    Then I'd definitely declare the file bad; I don't know what the valid
    ranges for channels and ysize are, but my reading of that is that your
    file's completely corrupt, maybe even malicious. PIL probably ought to
    check these things, so there may be a tracker issue coming from this,
    but I'd be inclined to declare any thrown exception as meaning it's a
    bad file. Call it "failed a security check" perhaps.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Oct 14, 2012