  1. dads

    dads Guest

    Sorry forgot to mention I'm using python 2.6

    dads, Sep 27, 2009

  2. dads

    Matt Joiner Guest

    Yes the needless use of classes further supports that theory.

    Matt Joiner, Sep 27, 2009

  3. dads

    dads Guest

    Thank you for the help, it's amazing what you can't spot. It seems the
    harder you look the less likely you're to find the issue. Fresh eyes
    make the world of difference.

    To Matt and John:

    No this certainly isn't homework, I'm 29 and in full time work. I
    decided to learn to program about a year ago and picked up python, so
    it's one of my hobbies. Starting from level 0 it's been challenging
    and fun.

    This exercise was just a bit of fun, I got the idea from a forum. I'm
    using classes to help me solidify how they work. Unfortunately I don't
    have the experience to know that this is a bad place to use them.

    dads, Sep 27, 2009
  4. On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 23:31:25 -0700
    John Nagle <> wrote:
    > dads wrote:
    > > Sorry forgot to mention I'm using python 2.6

    > This looks like a homework assignment.

    So what? He supplied code and showed what he tried so far didn't he?
    I suppose he could have said that it was homework but maybe it was a
    self assigned problem to learn Python. I thought that he was doing
    exactly what everyone suggested to do when they had problems with an
    assignment except, maybe, telling us it was homework if it actually was.

    And the answers were spot on too. Most of the help was things like
    "don't use classes" and "why call _4digit." No one handed him a
    complete answer on a silver platter. They made him think about it.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Sep 27, 2009
  5. dads

    Terry Reedy Guest

    dads wrote:
    > Thank you for the help, it's amazing what you can't spot. It seems the
    > harder you look the less likely you're to find the issue. Fresh eyes
    > make the world of difference.
    >
    > To Matt and John:
    >
    > No this certainly isn't homework, I'm 29 and in full time work. I
    > decided to learn to program about a year ago and picked up python, so
    > it's one of my hobbies. Starting from level 0 it's been challenging
    > and fun.
    >
    > This exercise was just a bit of fun, I got the idea from a forum.

    So it is a self-assigned homework problem ;-).
    Keep at it and good luck!
    We of course mostly think you made a good choice.

    tjr

    Terry Reedy, Sep 27, 2009