Re: Unicode

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 12/16/2012 04:10 PM, Anatoli Hristov wrote:
    > Hello guys,
    >
    > I'm using Linux CentOS and Python 2.4 with MySQL 5.xx, I get error
    > with Unicode I tried many things that I found on the net but none of
    > them working.
    >
    > If I dont use UTF-8 it inserts the data into the DB but some French
    > char. are not correctly decoded. Could you please help me ?

    Thanks for describing your system, and for using plain text in your message.

    But the program you supplied is missing quite a bit, starting with the
    imports. And you say nothing at all about the error you get.

    You should include a full traceback of whatever error you're getting,
    along with information about how you got there.

    I don't see any place there which is dealing with unicode, except for
    the part which is commented out. Hard to get an error on those lines.

    --

    DaveA
    Dave Angel, Dec 17, 2012