Re: Uninstalling mac python2.5 to install python2.6

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ned Deily, Aug 17, 2009.

  1. Ned Deily

    Ned Deily Guest

    In article <>,
    Farhan Sheikh <> wrote:
    > i originally had python2.5 on my mac at the univeristy and had to get
    > 2.6 to get NEST and pyNN to work together. however now as those are
    > now installed, i had to install numpy.
    >
    > As i installed numpy, it only installed its directories into the
    > python2.5 folders and as i am new to to mac terminals i don't know how
    > to change its directories to be installed into python2.6. my question
    > is, do i have to uninstall python 2.5 so that only python2.6 is on the
    > machine or is there a way to change the path so it saves into python2.5?

    There appears to be a NumPy installer image for Python 2.6 and OX 10.5
    here:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/

    Multiple versions of python can co-exist on OS X. You definitely should
    not remove the Apple-supplied python2.5 (linked to from /usr/bin/python)
    in 10.5.

    --
    Ned Deily,
    Ned Deily, Aug 17, 2009