Re: unittest - sort cases to be run

Discussion in 'Python' started by Peter Otten, Aug 21, 2012.

  1. Peter Otten

    Peter Otten Guest

    Kevin Zhang wrote:

    > I want to sort the order of the unittest cases to be run, but found such
    > statement in Python doc,
    > "Note that the order in which the various test cases will be run is
    > determined by sorting the test function names with respect to the built-in
    > ordering for strings."
    >
    > s.addTest(BTest())
    > s.addTest(ATest())
    > TextTestRunner().run(ts)
    >
    > I need BTest() to be run prior to ATest(), is there any natural/beautiful
    > way to achieve this? Thanks,

    Did you try the above? I think BTest *will* run before ATest. The sorting is
    performed by the TestLoader if there is one, i. e. if you don't build a test
    suite manually. If you *do* use a TestLoader you can still influence the
    sort order by defining a sortTestMethodsUsing static method. Here's a fairly
    complex example:

    [Ordering tests in a testsuite]
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-October/589058.html

    Peter Otten, Aug 21, 2012