Re: Update: Cat glued to highway dies

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Kenny McCormack, Jan 16, 2010.

  1. In article <h9h4n.1648$>,
    Jazz <> wrote:
    >Full of assumptions, aren't we, old chap? Erring on at least two counts, you
    >have assumed that I am male and that I do nothing for the betterment of
    >humankind. Well done.

    Usenet is all about making the worst possible assumptions about posters'
    motives and mental states, then attacking them (the poster(s)) accordingly.

    Then, if you call them on it (which you are not supposed to do), they
    hide behind some weasely words, to the effect that they only said you
    were "probably" something or other.

    See cross-posted groups for recent examples; of course comp.lang.c is
    the all-time champ in this regard.

    Kenny McCormack, Jan 16, 2010

  2. Kenny McCormack

    Steve Hayes Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:19:08 +0000 (UTC), (Kenny
    McCormack) wrote:

    >In article <h9h4n.1648$>,
    >Jazz <> wrote:
    >>Full of assumptions, aren't we, old chap? Erring on at least two counts, you
    >>have assumed that I am male and that I do nothing for the betterment of
    >>humankind. Well done.

    >Usenet is all about making the worst possible assumptions about posters'
    >motives and mental states, then attacking them (the poster(s)) accordingly.

    What cat? What highway?

    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com

    Steve Hayes, Jan 16, 2010

  3. Kenny McCormack

    Steve Hayes Guest

    Steve Hayes, Jan 16, 2010
  4. In article <>,
    Steve Hayes <> wrote:
    >On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:28:50 +0000, Tim Streater <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Well done for spotting what Spinny does all the time!

    >What cat? What highway?

    "Timothy" and I-90 (in Minnesota).

    See a.o for the full story.

    Kenny McCormack, Jan 16, 2010