Re: URL hiding

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by George Ter-Saakov, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. My understanding in the WebFarm you have a Balance Loader ( software or
    hardware).
    You are assigning the www.ABC.com to it. And Balance Loader is redirecting
    traffic to the www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com

    Of course you can hit directly the servers www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com

    So I am not sure what kind of problem you have.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 15, 2003

  2. George Ter-Saakov

    Kenny Guest

    the problem is when i redirect to servers www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com,
    the url path display is www01.ABC.com
    what I want it to be display is www.ABC.com. Is it possible? and How to
    configure it?

    Kenny, Aug 15, 2003

  3. What do you mean by "I redirect to servers"?
    Does your application redirects? Do not use server names.

    In your APP use Response.Redirect("/asd/asda/my.aspx");

    The balancer is configured to reroute TCP IP traffic to the 01ABC or 02ABC
    machine and is totally transparent for Browser. So browser will never guess
    that 01ABC and 02ABC exist.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 15, 2003