Re: urllib.urlopen with threads

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Ori Parzan wrote:

    > I am very new with those discussion forums, and I wouldn't know how to
    > find neither your old post again

    Well, you must have found it before, so I don't believe you ;-)

    > nor this new one :(

    All you have to do to use the list is hit 'Reply All' rather than 'Reply'

    > The problem which I have, and I understood that you had to (around 2001
    > if I recall) is this:
    > When I use urllib.urlopen(....).read() in a program it works great, but
    > if I do the same inside a function and run it with start_new_thread the
    > urlopen(...) doesn't work - it only get stucked and also stop everything
    > else from working. I also tried doing it with Threading, building a
    > class which inherits from threading.Thread, and using the start(), but
    > the results were the same.

    Hmmm, really don't remember that, and I don't do anything similar at the moment,
    so I'm afraid you'll have to look to the list for help...

    Chris
    Chris Withers, Oct 9, 2003