Re: "Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated" means I will need to spend all night to update my progra

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Keith Thompson, Dec 16, 2013.

  1. writes:
    > http://jidanni.org/astro/programs/jupmoons
    > produces "Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated".
    >
    > Which means I need to delicately adjust various array indexes all over
    > my program.
    >
    > And there is no "p2p" (like "a2p", "s2p") program to do it for me!

    You updated the code at the above URL after posting; it no longer
    refers to $[.

    The updated code is probably better that it was, but it's not useful
    to future readers who are curious about the original problem you
    were asking about.

    Keith Thompson, Dec 16, 2013