Re: Uses ASP.NET form authentication across projects?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Teemu Keiski, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Teemu Keiski

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Basically this needs to be done so that:

    a) synchronize <machineKey> elements in web.config for all applications
    b) synchronize <authentication> elements in web.config and ensure apps use
    same set of credentials

    a) Means creating explicit and same values for machineKey attributes on both
    apps
    b) means that for example authentication cookie name needs to be exactly the
    same and so on.

    Hope this gives you a start. You might also want to check following
    document:

    Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and
    Secure Communication:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp

    --
    Teemu Keiski