Re: Using a form....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jukka K. Korpela, May 19, 2008.

  1. Scripsit dba:

    > Currently the form is filled and the data entered into a database.
    > Then the form is displayed again, however the data entered on the
    > firm prior is still there. How do I get the form to "start clean"
    > with empty fields?

    By using an appropriate form handler that sends back the response you
    want to send.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 19, 2008

  2. On Mon, 19 May 2008 17:03:01 -0500, dba <> wrote:

    >Again, do not understand.
    >
    >Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> Scripsit dba:
    >>
    >>> Currently the form is filled and the data entered into a database.
    >>> Then the form is displayed again, however the data entered on the
    >>> firm prior is still there. How do I get the form to "start clean"
    >>> with empty fields?

    >> By using an appropriate form handler that sends back the response you
    >> want to send.

    My "Form_Carmen.php" contains:

    <form name="myform" action="Mail-Carmen.php" METHOD="POST"
    onSubmit="return checkme(this);">

    The action will start another page "Mail-Carmen.php" which could
    create another page.... with the result of the operation.

    You can also combine to have an "onload" mechanism to recall
    "Form_Carmen.php" with a parameter "succes" or "fail" - so this form
    could have also the information about the previous transmit of the
    form - (the new form will have all zones cleaned)

    Raymond SCHMIT, May 20, 2008