Re: Using a Native dll in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zenobia, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Zenobia

    Zenobia Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:15:03 -0700, Eugene Ventimiglia <Eugene
    > wrote:

    >I've wrapped a Win32 unmanaged dll in a managed C++ Class, called ManagedServer. I then instantiate that class in C# code, and it works perfectly on the command line. When we try to reference the ManagedServer from ASP.NET, the entire Application reports an error loading ManagedServer.dll "Or one of its dependancies."
    >
    >We've tried:
    > Putting the native dll in every conceivable place where it could be looking.
    > Setting the most liberal permissions or that file, and the containing folders
    > Generating a .snk file, and signing the ManagedServer.dll
    >
    >There must be a way to "bless" this .dll to signify that ASP.NET should actually allow it to be loaded. We've searched the web, MSDN, and message boards. People are having similar simptoms to ours, but the solutions suggested for them dont work for us.
    >
    >--Thanks

    ..NET supports so many languages. Why don't you just rewrite the
    source code for .NET and incorporate the dll into ASP.NET?

    PS: I think this is what the ASP.NET designers want you to do.
    Zenobia, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Because the source is not available. The unmanaged dll is from a 3rd party, and they're not going to write a .NET version

    =?Utf-8?B?RXVnZW5lIFZlbnRpbWlnbGlh?=, Jun 24, 2004