Re: Using ActiveX controls? Help?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Leif K-Brooks, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Some One wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm working on a website and it would be quite helpful if I could
    > include some of the controls I normally find in Visual Basic 6. Things
    > such as RichTextboxes, the Calendar control and others. I'm also
    > considering creating some ActiveX DLL files to implement as objects on
    > my website.
    >
    > I really don't know how to begin with this. Is this feasable?
    >
    > The target audience is ONLY using Windows and IE 6. There may be a few
    > older Windows NT stations that MAY use my site, but they are more than
    > likely going to be upgraded to Windows 2000.
    >
    > Can someone suggest a starting point for me to investigate, both for
    > including objects onto webpages as well as creating custom controls to
    > include on a webpage?

    This is the world-wide web, not the Micro$oft-side web. Stop thinking in
    terms of how to use a proprietary solution, and start thinking of a
    *real* HTML solution.
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Fix_the_wrong_problem

    Leif K-Brooks, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Some One wrote:

    > I'm sorry, but Netscape is dead. I'm not going to waste time coding a
    > page for a dead browser.

    Maybe so, but Mozilla isn't.

    Leif K-Brooks, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Leif K-Brooks

    brucie Guest

    In post <PECWa.582400$>
    Some One said...

    > My application is an INTRANET application. Very much NOT the WWW.

    <quote>
    It is assumed your questions/problems are in a World Wide Web context,
    if not say so. Solutions for local situations are often different.
    </quote> http://alt-html.org/

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 02/August/2003 09:28:21 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Aug 2, 2003