Re: Using FindControl() to access controls created by javascript

Lau Lei Cheong

Yes, of course, I've created another form with <input type="file"> to upload
the images, that's why I could simply add an image element to it to show it.

Taking yours and Eliyahu's advice I've created <input type="hidden"> fields
that holds various properties of the controls yet they seem do not return in
the request stream. Any ideas?

Lau Lei Cheong

Yes. But seems all "client-side added" hidden boxes cannot add themselves in
the request stream. (Also examinated request stream to confirm that)

As time is running out I'll settle this by adding a hidden box at design
time, and serialize the image/layers' values using javascript just before a
postback to server.

I'd be appreciated if someone can solve it, as the additional javascript
makes my code grow very large. And is likely to get problem when the
serialized data size exceeds the hidden box's size limit.