Re: Using Html Tidy

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 1, 2013.

  1. 2013-08-01 10:12, Sjeef wrote:

    > I've tried the online Tidy mentioned in the URL you wrote.
    > My conclusion is that this online program is not ready yet for HTML5.
    > HKTools is. (www.chami.com)

    Well, HTML5 isn't ready, to begin with.

    If "HKTools" means "HTML-Kit Tools" as it seems, I'd like to point out
    that http://www.htmlkit.com/tools says:
    "Built-in HTML Tidy can point out invalid markup and suggest improvements."

    This does not suggest that it would differ from HTML Tidy as regards to
    "improving" source code.

    The page also says: "Or use industry-standard W3C HTML/CSS Validators
    with a single click." Does not sound very impressive. Besides, tools
    that just invoke W3C validators are often known to do that in a wrong
    way, so I'd rather use the validators via their standard interfaces,
    thank you.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 1, 2013

  2. Jukka K. Korpela

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ktd2ah$g0l$>,
    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:

    > 2013-08-01 10:12, Sjeef wrote:
    >
    > > I've tried the online Tidy mentioned in the URL you wrote.
    > > My conclusion is that this online program is not ready yet for HTML5.
    > > HKTools is. (www.chami.com)

    > Well, HTML5 isn't ready, to begin with.
    >
    > If "HKTools" means "HTML-Kit Tools" as it seems, I'd like to point out
    > that http://www.htmlkit.com/tools says:
    > "Built-in HTML Tidy can point out invalid markup and suggest improvements."
    >
    > This does not suggest that it would differ from HTML Tidy as regards to
    > "improving" source code.
    >
    > The page also says: "Or use industry-standard W3C HTML/CSS Validators
    > with a single click." Does not sound very impressive. Besides, tools
    > that just invoke W3C validators are often known to do that in a wrong
    > way, so I'd rather use the validators via their standard interfaces,
    > thank you.

    Me too. I am happy to know some program or someone thinks my markup is
    faulty, and I will happily fix it if it needs fixing but letting
    programs loose on one's markup is unwise, they do not always know
    better.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 1, 2013